Birdwatching Riviera Maya Tour is ideal for travelers that are visiting the south of The Riviera Maya (Playa del Carmen, Akumal, or Tulum area).
The Sian Ka’an Biosphere Natural Reserve is a great spot for birdwatching in the jungle between the Mayan coast and Muyil archaeological site.
Here a great variety of birds can be spotted in the jungle, plus the sea birds as the birding spots are near the coast.
We work with members of a community near Sian Ka´an, local birding experts that have been walking this area since they were a child.
- 6:00 AM Pickup, this could change according to the season.
- 6:30 AM Arrival to birding spot.
- 6:35 AM Hiking in the jungle.
- 11:00 AM End of hiking and birdwatching.
- 11:30 AM Transfer to Hotel.
- Duration 5 to 6 hours.
- Departs daily.
- Available all year round.
- Shared service.
- Comfortable A/C van transfer round trip.
- Bilingual birdwatching local expert guide.
- Express breakfast(coffee, breath & fruits).
- Beverages( soft drinks, sodas & water).
- Binoculars, in case you need them, please request them during reservation notes.
- Persona expenses
- No wheelchair accessible.
- No children under 5 years old.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
Birdwatching Riviera Maya recommendations
- Bring a hat & sunglasses.
- Long sleeve shirt.
- Binoculars (Request them in case you need extra ones).
- Insect repellent.
Birdwatching Riviera Maya bird list
- Orange Oriole / Icterus auratus Endemic
- Rose-throated Tanager / Piranga roseogularis / Endemic
- Yucatan Jay / Cyanocorax yucatanicus Endemic
- Yellow-lored Parrot / Amazona xantholora Endemic
- White-bellied Emerald / Amazilia candida
- Ruddy Ground-Dove / Columbina talpacoti
- Vaux’s Swift / Chaetura vauxi
- Cinnamon Hummingbird / Amazilia rutile
- White-fronted Parrot / Amazona albifrons
- Greenish Elaenia / Myiopagis viridicata
- Couch’s Kingbird / Tyrannus couchii
- Green Jay / Cyanocorax yncas
- Tropical Gnatcatcher / Polioptila plumbea
- Clay-colored Thrush / Turdus grayi
- Summer Tanager / Piranga rubra
- Painted Bunting / Passerina ciris
- Hooded Oriole / Icterus cucullatus
Birdwatching Riviera Maya Tour Price
Price per pax
$ 195 USD
2 pax minimum per booking
Birdwatching in Cozumel Island
Observe the unique endemic species of the island.
Looking for similar Tours?
Guided by the best local birdwatching experts.